Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Required Blog #4

When I was a little girl, I lived in Virginia Beach, Virginia with my parents. I can still remember going to the beach almost every weekend. I thought it was such a big deal even though I was only five years old. I can still remember parking the car unloading the chairs, shovels, pails and towels and having to carry them all the way to the sand. My dad would have to carry me to the water when we would first arrive because the sand would be so hot. When my parents would take me to the ocean, which I may add, was only ten minutes from our house. Mom and I unfortunately do not live in Virginia anymore.  I can still smell the salty air and hear the waves crashing at the beach, which brings back so many memories. My family and I would always walk up and down the beach collecting seashells and watching the seagulls fly overhead. I still visit the beach every summer and spring break when I go to visit my dad’s house and it always brings back those early childhood memories that I wish I could have back.

No comments:

Post a Comment